Secondary Parents and Guardians,
We are nearing the end of the first semester and entering into a busy holiday season! As we approach semester testing week (December 18 – December 20), I want to make sure you are all informed of the schedule and other important notes for the final week of school.
High School Check-out Procedures
- High school students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Students will not need a note to leave school at that time.
- Students will need a note to check out after the first testing period.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the classroom during a testing period. All students will remain in the classroom until the end of the testing period, even if they have completed the exam.
Middle School Check-out Procedures
- Wednesday, December 18: Middle school students will follow a regular schedule and school will be dismissed at 3:30 p.m. Regular check-out procedures will apply.
- Thursday, December 19: Middle school Enrichment Activities will end at 11:30 a.m. and on-campus supervision will be provided until 3:30 p.m. Regular check-out procedures will apply.
- Friday, December 20: All students (middle and high school) will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. Regular check-out procedures will apply for students who wish to leave before 11:30 a.m.
Shuttle Bus Information
- Wednesday— December 18 Shuttle bus will run at the regular time (3:30 p.m.)
- Thursday— December 19 Shuttle bus will run at the regular time (3:30 p.m.)
- Friday— December 20 Shuttle bus will run at 11:30 a.m.
Click Here to view the High School Testing Schedule
Please note: Students will NOT be allowed to take semester tests early. Students will need to report for testing during the scheduled test time.
Click Here to view the Middle School Test Schedule
For the Middle School Fall Semester Testing Schedule, we are implementing an abbreviated testing schedule. It is our intention to prepare the middle school students to transition to a testing schedule similar to that of the High School for the Spring semester. Consequently, 7th and 8th grade students will take end of unit exams in English and Math classes on Wednesday, December 18. These exams will not be cumulative and will carry the same weight as a normal test.*
*The 8th grade Algebra I test is classified as a high school level class. The Algebra I test will be weighted 20% of the final grade, consistent with all other high school classes.