PV Fall 2022 School Back-to-School Info
CAC is a special place because of the community we share, and while some things may be a little different this year, our commitment to creating a loving space for students hasn’t changed. In fact, we are working in new and creative ways to ensure that our time together each day is even more focused and meaningful.
We are excited to welcome students back to campus on Tuesday, Aug. 16! Below you will find the Back-to-School guide for the PV campus. This guide is not intended to be exhaustive, but to provide families with basic information and answers to most questions related to the start of school.
Additional detailed information will be provided prior to the start of school when appropriate.
Click on the icons below to view each section.
Health & Safety
View the 2021-22 Elementary Handbook here.
Elementary students will be added to their teacher’s Google Classroom. Google Classroom will be used occasionally as an instructional tool. It will be utilized primarily to facilitate the transition to short-term remote learning for individual students in quarantine due to illness or close contact.
- Emphasis will be placed on limiting community use of educational items and allocating materials on an individual basis.
All classrooms are organized to abide by current ADH social distancing guidelines with student desks placed six feet apart.
Elementary students will be grouped in the following cohorts for activities outside of the classroom (example: recess, after school care).
- PreK-3 & PreK-4
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade
- 2nd & 3rd Grade
- 4th & 5th Grade
Student contact will be limited to their cohort, teacher, and assistant throughout the school day.
We will resume a normal school schedule including Library, Music, Art, and P.E. as well as rotating grades in the cafeteria for lunch.
We will have Chapel in our classrooms for the first few weeks of school. Our goal is to return to a school-wide Chapel as soon as possible. We look forward to welcoming parents back to Chapel as soon as we are able to do so.
- Students may bring a packed lunch to school or order online from Little Bites food service. Information regarding Little Bites Catering will be passed out at Meet the Teacher.
- Marco’s Pizza will be served on Mondays. Families may purchase Marco’s Pizza to be served on Mondays beginning August 22nd. Please complete this form if you would like to purchase pizza for your child.
- Students will rotate between using the cafeteria and classroom to eat lunch to both reduce the use of spaces shared by the entire school and allow for proper cleaning between uses. Cohorts will rotate use of picnic tables to enjoy time outside.
- Birthdays – You may send in donuts or a prepackaged treat for the class. Email the office if you have any questions.
- To limit outside interaction, there will be no visitors allowed on campus at during lunch at this time.
- No outside lunch delivery orders are permitted excluding school ordering services (Little Bites and Marco’s Pizza).
- Parents may drop off meals for their child only.
Parents who plan to utilize the CAC shuttle service must have signed-up their student previously by clicking here. No student will be allowed on a CAC shuttle bus without previously signing-up. Bus capacity will be selected on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Entrance to the facility will be limited to students, staff, and officials with legal authority to enter the facility.
Checking Students Out During School Hours
To check out a student during school hours, buzz the school office, and a staff member will bring the student to you. Students will only be released to those with permission to pick up in RenWeb. Please have a photo I.D. ready if you are checking a student out of school.
The support of our parents is one of the keys to CAC’s success. We appreciate your understanding as we limit the number of people in our building each day.
Morning Drop-Off – 7:45-8 a.m.
- Please note that students may not enter the building before 7:45 unless they are registered for Before School Care. Instruction for building entry for students registered for Before School Care will be sent separately.
- Morning drop off will take place in two locations:
- Preschool (West Entrance) – Parents will walk up and sign students in at the door. Staff will accompany children to the classroom.
- Kindergarten – Fifth Grade – (North Entrance – CAC Main Entrance) – parents must drop students off directly in the car line. Staff will monitor students as they exit the vehicle and assist them to their classrooms.
- Parents may walk their student to the entrance during the first week for students in grades K-5th and then students will need to be dropped off at school.
- Parents may walk their student to the entrance during the first two weeks of school for early childhood students and then students will need to be dropped off at the school entrance.
Dismissal – Staggered Time Slots by Grade Level
- Dismissal will take place at the North Entrance (CAC School Entrance) for all students (Preschool – Fifth Grade)
- To prevent congestion students will be dismissed directly from their classrooms to the pick up line and will be assisted by staff to their vehicles.
- Afternoon dismissal will be staggered.
- Preschool – 1st grade students and their siblings will be dismissed at 2:50 p.m.
- Second – 5th grade students will be dismissed at 3 p.m.
- Please arrive during the appropriate time slot to help us prevent traffic congestion.
After School Care
- Before and after school care is full at this time due based on staffing. To join the after school care waitlist, please email Gay Passafiume.
- To add family members to the authorized pick up list, use THIS FORM.
Meet the Teacher/Parent Orientation
Teachers will host ten minute, individual Meet the Teacher sessions with each student and their family.
During these ten minute sessions, students and parents will have the opportunity to:
- Meet the teacher
- Tour the classroom
- Ask any questions you may have about the start of the year
- Drop off school supplies if you didn’t preorder them
- Shake off any first day jitters
- Take a picture of your child and their teacher
The introductory teacher email will include information on how to sign up for a time slot.
Meet the Teacher/Supply Drop Off is scheduled for the following dates and times:
- Monday, August 11 (1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Tuesday, August 12 (8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
We would like to invite you to join the Parent, Friends, and Teachers Association. The annual dues are $20 per family (not per student). The PFTA works to support the CAC-PV campus through volunteering and fundraising.